10 Steps To Build Google Penguin Friendly Backlinks
With time, the Google algorithm went through many changes as Google introduced different updates. One such update is the Google Penguin. As an SEO, it is hard to keep track of all of them and what Google recommends with the help of these algorithms. Despite that, if you want your website to rank and bring more traffic, you will need to abide by the rules set by Google.
In this article, we will basically discuss the ways in which you can create backlinks that abide by the rules of Google Penguin. We have given you a step-by-step method of building backlinks that will give you better results with your website. However, before that, you will get a better idea of the importance and uses of using Google Penguin friendly backlinks. To get fully informed about such practices, read through to the end of the article.
Google Penguin Friendly Backlinks – What Is Google Penguin?
Basically, the Google Penguin algorithm is essential when it comes to creating off-page optimization and backlinks. Google Penguin friendly backlinks are the links from other third-party websites that are linking back to your websites. This makes it easier for the search engine to make follow-ups on your websites and web pages. This, in turn, enables internet users to find your pages faster and easier.
With the help of Google Penguin, you will be able to know that all backlinks are not good. By finding out good backlinks and using them on your website, you will be able to provide a lot of value to your website, which will help it bring more traffic and rank better. On the other hand, poor-quality backlinks affect your website in a negative manner and do damage to your linking profile.
What Is The Use Of Google Penguin Friendly Backlinks In SEO Practices?
The Google Penguin update helps you to find out the bad backlinks. And if you do not use good off-page optimization techniques and good backlinks on your website, your website ranking and performance will suffer on Google. The following are some of the triggering aspects of Google Penguin which you must know:
- Irrelevant links are one of the reasons why Google Penguin attacks a particular website. If you use relevant links and contextual links, your site will perform quite well.
- If you buy links, that is a big violation of Google policies. Hence, do not make that mistake.
- Having minimal to no diversity in anchor text is one of the major reasons for low performance, as per Google Penguin.
- Another big reason for the lack of performance on Google Penguin is the over-optimization of keywords. Refrain from keyword stuffing on your website.
- If you want your website to rank for a particular keyword, ensure that you use the best content on that keyword topic and promote that content as a Google recommendation.
Steps You Will Need To Take To Build Google Penguin Friendly Backlinks
If Google Penguin hits you, it means that your backlinking profile is poor and not strong. Hence, to recover from such a penalty, you will need to make changes to your website, especially when it comes to those backlinks. The following are the things that you will need to do if you want to build backlinks that are friendly to Google Penguin:
1. Submit Your Websites To Important Directories
If you focus only on major directories, you will go far. Furthermore, you will be able to do a lot if you build your links with the use of the Google directory. In addition, you will not have to pay any charges regarding it.
2. Try To Include A Variety Of Google Penguin Friendly Backlinks
Ensuring you have a variety of backlinks in your profile will help you a lot. Make sure they are keyword-rich, and have brand name anchor text, contextual backlinks, and more.
3. Improve Your Existing Backlinks
Try to improve the contents of the sources of the links. Plus, add more relevant inner pages on your website rather than the home pages of those sites.
4. Remove Every Single Bad Backlink That You Come Across
Ensure to remove bad backlinks from your website and replace them with good ones. This will help you to prevent sanctions from Google.
5. Always Stick To Precise Link Building Metrics
By using precise link-building metrics, you will be able to make better judgments. Furthermore, your clients will also be able to assess the trustworthiness and power of your website’s pages.
6. Always Ensure That Your Content Pieces Are Useful
You will not have to worry a bit with your backlinking process if your contents are of high quality. Ensure that you provide fresh information that is useful and contextual at the same time.
7. Focus On Building Quality Backlinks As Opposed To Quantity
Nothing beats quality. If you over-optimize your content, Google will penalize you for that. Make sure that your anchor texts are not more than 10% of your backlinks.
8. Start Commenting On Quality Blogs
This is a tried-and-tested practice. Be genuine with your comments, and always leave helpful comments on other pages without abruptly promoting your website.
9. Ensure That Your Website’s Content Are Link Worthy
To do this, you will need to ensure quality content on your website. If your viewers do not like your content, there is no point in creating links for them.
10. Tracking Your Efforts
Tracking your link-building processes and all types of links to your content, as well as the performance of the content, are all essential to be successful in creating better backlinks.
If you stick to the aforementioned steps, you are sure to get better results with your backlinks. In addition to that, you will also be able to abide by the rules of Google, and Google Penguin will not penalize you as per its updates. If you have bad backlinks to your website, make sure to remove them and replace them with quality backlinks. By doing so, you will be able to ensure that your content pieces bring more traffic and that your website performs better. Do you have any better off-page backlinking strategy in your mind? Share with us in the comments section below.
- What Is Internet Marketing? – A Beginners Guide
- How To Create An Email Marketing Strategy – Step-By-Step Guide
- The Important Role Of Digital Content Strategist In The Digital Marketing Industry