An Advance Guide To Keyword Research For SEO In 2023
To ensure better traffic and ranking on your articles, you need to ensure that the right keywords are placed in the right place in your article. However, finding the right keyword is not only difficult but requires some effort. Despite that, if you follow the basic rules of keyword research, and focus on your needs, then you can simply perform keyword research better than others.
This article consists of the major steps that you need to follow to perform keyword research. Apart from that, we will also guide you to select the ones that have the highest potential for ranking the article. You will be able to understand your traffic better and ensure better outcomes for the website blog or article.
What Does Keyword Research Mean?
To understand keyword research, you need to know why is keyword research important for SEO. Keyword research includes searching those queries that are high in volume, that is, those queries that people search most often. The aim here is to understand the needs of the viewers and adapt the website in such a way that its content meets people’s expectations.
If you implement the right keywords on your blog in the right manner, you will see a positive impact on your website’s traffic. This is one of the most important jobs in the world of digital marketing, and search engine optimization is almost impossible without good-quality keyword research.
How To Perform Keyword Research?
Before you do keyword research, you will need to understand your website first and assess its major strengths and weaknesses of the same. The effort you put into keyword research depends a lot on the authority of the website, the competitive landscape, and, obviously, the quality of the content on the website.
While doing keyword research, you will have to keep in mind your target audience and focus more on how the website is going to bring value to the needs and demands of the viewer of the content. Basically, keyword research consists of three processes:
- Generating as many keyword ideas as possible.
- Removing those keywords that are unnecessary and irrelevant.
- Prioritizing those keywords and finding out which one to implement first.
The following are the major steps you will need to follow if you want to do keyword research for local SEO for your website’s content:
1. Make A Seed Keywords List
Seed keywords consist of those simple keywords for which your website is supposed to rank. They are really useful to kickstart new keyword ideas development. Once you come up with a few seed keywords of your own, you will be able to generate thousands of more keywords. You will also need to know how to search for words on a page.
The best way to find seed keywords is to see those common phrases that best describe the products and services you offer. Once you break your business down into general topics, it will be easier for you to get some seed keywords, which can be beneficial to create keywords that can make your article more traffic.
2. Choose Your SEO Tools
Choosing the right SEO tools is the most important thing, as it will enable you to get valuable and helpful keywords for your website’s content. There are many SEO tools available on the internet (both free and paid) that allow you to research keywords. However, considering you are a newbie, we only recommend you three common and free keyword research tools for SEO offered by Google itself:
- Google Ads Keyword Planner: Google Keyword Planner is the best free platform where you can do keyword research. Once you add some seed keywords on Google Ads Keyword Planner, you will get a comprehensive list of similar phrases and words. Apart from that, you will also get all the related metrics like search volume, bid ranges, competition, etc. This is one of the best target planners for keywords.
- Google Search Console: With the help of this tool, you can search those keywords that your website already ranks for. Researching those keywords will help you get a better idea of the ones that will give you better SERP positions and boost traffic.
- Google Trends: Here, you will get a good overview of how a particular topic can perform within a selected period of time. Apart from that, you can also find out which queries related to your website are seasonal and what the trends are nowadays.
3. Generating Your List Of Keywords
After you have researched your seed keywords using the SEO tools mentioned in the previous step, you can check various metrics related to your keywords using the same tools provided by Google. Use the Keyword Planner on the Google Ads website.
According to Google Ads, “Keyword Planner will give you suggested bid estimates for each keyword, so you can determine your advertising budget… Once you’ve found the keywords you like, you can add them to your advertising plan. Save your plan for future reference or share with your business team. When you’re ready, you can finalise and launch your campaign.”
4. Data Filtering
After you have created a list of your keywords, you must consider filtering your keywords based on what are the ones that match the needs of your website. Here, you will need to refine your list of raw keywords and hence, reduce the amount of work that you need to do later. You can filter keywords by checking these factors:
- Look for long-tail keywords
- Ensure that the keyword has a good search volume
- Better score on keyword difficulty
- Removing irrelevant ones
5. Keyword Prioritization
This step includes prioritizing your keywords and ordering them. Here, you need to segment your keywords based on your intent of usage. One of the best tools to perform this job is Rank Tracker.
Hope this article was helpful for you in giving you a better idea of how to do keyword research. If you follow the aforementioned steps, you will be sure to find fruitful keywords for your website’s content. However, having the best keywords do not ensure good traffic. Your content needs to be valuable and must catch the attention of the viewers of the website. Good keywords, useful content, and proper implementation lead to better ranking of the article and, thereby, more traffic. What do you think is the most important part of keyword research? Share your views with us in the comments section below.
Read Also About:
- Top 10 Content Writing Tools You Should Be Using
- Writing Guest Posts: Steps For Successful Guest Posting