A Guide To Standard Text Ads – Things You Should Know
There is a certain point where your prospect comes to know about your business. Most of the time, this introduction happens through text ads that attract, inform, and raise awareness about your business.
Google Standard text ads are the primary means of getting your prospective customer to your doorstep. These compelling and informative text ads help you with high-performing PPC campaigns and return higher sales volume.
The click-through rates of your website depend upon your craftsmanship in creating compelling text ads. If you want to know about the secret to creating the best standard text ads, then keep reading this article.
This article is an all-in-one guide to creating the best text ads.
What Are Standard Text Ads?
The standard text ads are a medium to communicate to your prospective customers about your business. Businesses and marketers use text ads through websites, ads, and articles to promote their products and services through interactive communications. These ads appear on the Google network and several apps.
Marketers can use up to 30 characters in their text ads to reach their leads and the targeted audiences.
You must remember that you cannot create expanded text ads after June 30, 2022. Here are some of the announcements Google has made–
- Marketers cannot make and edit expanded text ads. After June 30, 2022.
- However, your existing ads will continue to perform, and you can still view their performance.
- You can still pause, resume and, if needed, remove your text ads.
- Google, as an alternative option, offers you to switch to responsive search ads.
Google has made adjustments to the google standard text ads. Here is an overview of the newest changes–
- You can now add a third headline.
- There is an option to add a second description.
- You can use around 90 characters for each of your ad descriptions.
How To Create A Standard Text Ad?
What is a google standard text ad made of? Rather, how to make a standard text ad? Here, I have given simple answers to both of these questions.
Your standard google text ads are made of a Headline, Display URL, and Description. Here is a detail of how you can create a compelling and effective google text ad.
First, you could use only two headlines in your text ads; now, you can add another/third headline to your ad. It is always better to use the keyword your searchers use to Google search you like the ad headlines.
In each of your Google Standard Text ads, you could use 30 characters. There are vertical pipe symbols (“|”) to separate the headlines from each other. These headlines may look differently based on the devices they are accessed with.
The display URL is another crucial part of your standard text ad. They are the green text appearing as live links that the searchers can click to visit your website.
The display URL is usually the domain of your website’s final URL. This URL appears right under the headlines of the standard text ads. The display URL gives your audience an idea of where they might end up once they click on the ad.
The headline attracts the audience, and the URL shows the direction of the website. The description part lets marketers highlight their service or product details. If used mindfully, the description part of the ad can push your audience further towards your business.
Both of the description parts allow marketers to use 90 characters and create a compelling business detail with added CTA phrases. Call to action terms like “Shop Now,” “Buy Here,” and “Check Out The Price” really work when incorporated in the description part of your standard text ad.
How To Create A Standard Text Ad Copy?
Now that you know what a standard text ad is and its elements, you need effective ways of making them. Here, let me teach you how to make a compelling text ad–
- First, you sympathize with your audience and promise them how your business can help them.
- Your customer judges the value your business can add to them. Without using rash marketing campaigns, you can highlight different values your business can show to your customers. For instance, free shipping, customer service, order cancellation, etc.
- You need to use Call to Action phrases like Sign Up Now, Buy Now, Shop Here, and so on to make them act.
- Your ad relevance manifests through your proper use of keywords in the proper places. I suggest you use the keyword at least once in the headlines of the ads.
- Standard text marketing puts the opportunity of branding before you, and you must use it to your fullest potential. Including your brand name in the standard text ad always helps.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
After going through the previous sections, you may already have a clear idea about the standard text ads. However, if you have any further questions related to the same topic, please go through the following questions and their answers.
Google text ads are one of the best ways to market communicatively on the google search engine. When audiences use the google search engine, these ads appear around their search results; the display URL helps the audience to click through to your website.
This type of ad has been among the best for gaining more customer conversion. If you are a marketer, you can use this format of the ad. Unfortunately, Google won’t allow the creation of this type of ad after June 30, 2022.