A Guide To Showcase Shopping Ads – Things You Should Know
Showcase shopping ads narrow down a generic online product search by showcasing specific branded products through ads.
While applying this type of ad to your google ad campaign, it shows a specific product for a more general google search. For instance, your audience may search using “watches for men,” and the ad will appear to them showing a particular brand of the watch ( your brand for instance).
As a seller, this type of ad offers you to add information related to several of the products/a product lists. Shoppers get the chance to view your product catalog, and you can introduce your brand to new audiences.
As a marketer, if you are interested in running smart shopping campaigns, then the present article has helpful information ready for you.
What Are Showcase Shopping Ads?
The showcase shopping ads or google shopping showcase ads feature detailed product information about the business product you are trying to sell. The product shopping ads ( also a type of shopping ad) feature only one product, while the shopping showcase ads feature a product catalog.
Google limits this ad format to specific countries. If you want to create shopping ads for a specific single product, then you need to check the Product shopping ads. When creating shopping ads on Google, marketers have to set up product information in the Google Merchant Center.
How Do Google Shopping Ads Work?
Where do showcase shopping ads generally appear? How do they work? Now that you know what the showcase shopping ads are, these questions come to your mind one by one. Here is a simplified answer –
- The google shopping advertisement show when someone googles searches using any general keyword. For example, you may look for leather shoes, and you will see brand-specific search results in the form of shoppable ads.
- The shoppable google showcase ads appear at the top of the search result.
- You will be presented with the results on a carousel. Once the potential shoppers click on the ads, they expand into a shoppable product catalog with detailed product information.
How To Set Up Showcase Shopping Ads?
It is crucial to have a shopping feed in Google Merchant. To begin your showcase ads google shopping campaign, you need to follow the steps I have given here–
- First, you need to log into your Google Ads Account.
- Beneath the overview, in the left-side column, you need to select Campaigns.
- A blue plus symbol will appear, and you need to click on it.
- You have to set up a shopping campaign in the next part. Also, you need to link a relevant Merchant center account.
- In the next part, you need to choose a name for your campaign. Then you have to select a showcase ad group.
Benefits Of Shopping Ads By Google
Marketers can greatly benefit from google search ads, especially the showcase shopping ads offer some great benefits. Here are some examples —
Get Your Brand Discovered
New audiences can discover your brand when you run Shopping showcase ads by google. Your potential audience is not always sure about the brand they want to buy from. So they use generic terms for the online search. Using the showcase ads by google allows you to reach a new audience who did not know about your brand before.
Showing Related Product Groups
Using showcase shopping ads, you can show more products to the audience. If your searcher looks for wrist watches, your ads can show an array of wrist watches with different styles and qualities. You can list around a hundred products in the catalog.
The First Click Is Free
Unlike other forms of ads, marketers don’t have to pay for the first click on the ad. The first click on the showcase shopping ad is free. Only when the shoppers click on the product purchasing link, do marketers have to pay.
Where Are Google Showcase Ads Available?
The showcase shopping ads by google are available in some selected countries. Here are some of those countries –
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- The Philippines
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
Tips For Effective Showcase Shopping Ads Campaign
- Only use your own product image. Displaying a high-quality image of your product in use/ context is the best practice.
- Using at least 100 products in the catalog helps you create the best product list to showcase.
- Use one ad group for each of the feed categories.
- Run some tests before making any limitations. This will help you get an idea of what works and what does not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The above sections should help you understand all about google shopping showcase advertisements. However, if there are any more queries, you can check out the questions and the answers below –
When you have an array of products, and you want to expand your business, showcase shopping ads come to be of help. You can discover new audiences and increase brand awareness and sales volume.
Reading this article will help you run showcase shopping ads. If you have any further questions related to the same, you can comment below.
- A Beginners Guide To Content Marketing
- 6 Social Media Trends That Will Matter Most In 2022
- 10 Best Types Of Google Ads You Must Know In 2022 [The Best Guide]