You may or may not know about the fundamentals of blogging as there are many newbies who want to venture to blog with newfound ideas. There are many integral blogging processes to reach out through successful marketing efforts. If you have some mind-boggling ideas to start your own blog, here are some useful tips to express your thoughts and even make money.
Like to pen down a great content that tons of audience will relate not just for now but for months to come? This is the guide that embarks your blogging journey and gets thousands of visits to read.
A Beginner’s Guide To Starting A Blog In 6 Easy Steps:
How to write an overwhelming yet informative Blog Post
Here are some significant steps that you just need to incorporate while starting your own blog post.
- Relate and understand your audience
- Before you write down your subject for the blog post, ensure you have a better understanding and knowledge of your target audience. What actually resonates with your audience? This is a pertinent question that haunts all of us to know more about the readers. These major points will guide you to keep things realistic:
- Many bloggers target millennial readers when starting a business or a unique venture, you probably don’t require to offer them with data or facts about emerging into social media platforms or any online sites— most of them are already aware of such information.
- Provide them information about various social media approaches, for example, a casual, personal or formal approach or a more networking-focused and business-savvy approach- such tweak support you publish content successful about the subject your audience likes.
- Having a definite idea of whom you like to read your blog assists you develop content for that particular audience.
Develop your Blog domain
While articulating your phenomenal topic, the next big thing is to ensure a place to host your blog you write. This needs to select an authentic ‘Content Management System’ (CMS), along with a ‘Website Domain Hosting Service’.
Select a CMS
As mentioned earlier, CMS assists you to design a website domain whereas a blogger, you can publish your own created blog. The platforms of the Content Management Systems help in managing domains and subdomains. Don’t panic yourself with such technical jargon as these are simple to follow with ample available guidelines.
i) Hosted WordPress blogs are free for the bloggers but there is some restriction to earn potential income.
ii) Another popular option, ‘Hubspot’ customers host web content through CMS Hub is a self-hosted WordPress website available over the WP Engine.
iii) Free blogging websites with little fuss to set up is great to explore blogging but it limits money-making, for example, myrunningblog.wordpress.com.
iv) Self-hosted platforms cost money to develop and also, takes some time to set up. Fortunately, there is a freedom to make money through adjusting ads, etc. For example, myrunningblog.com.
Here are the 5 most popular web hosting services to go for:
Customize Blog’s theme
Once the set-up of the domain name is developed, start customizing the overall appearance of your blog to represent the unique content theme and brand creation. To elaborate more, if you are curating content based on sustainability, environment, or green program, the color green must coordinate with the rest of the design. There are some other factors like:
- Logo Designing: To represent your site, logo, or name holds great importance irrespective of businesses or personal ventures. Brand your blog with a remarkable logo to entice the audience.
- ‘About’ Page: Describing yourself in the ‘About’ Page again makes a difference. Think of it as your definition (mission statement) of your blog that provides the company’s goals.
Organize an outline/ Proofread and edit your post
An overwhelming amount of information is necessary but not required every time- Confuse? The trick is to develop the respective information for the readers but not to intimidate them with unnecessary length or huge amounts of words.
The editing process is imperative- start proofreading— don’t overlook it. If you’re an expert on self-editing skills, it gets easy for you. However, you might still like to explore a few proofread services to get you started:
- Plagiarism Checker
- Easy Word Count
- Language tool
Get the Smartest Plugins
Just embed smart plugins for responding to blog sites and deliver an enhanced user experience. Scroll down more to learn about few smart WordPress Plugins:
- Google Analytics — Provides invaluable statistics and insight into understanding your audience.
- Yoast SEO — Offers optimizing blog to get the best SEO results
- BackupBuddy — Provide to store and backup all the content of the website in automatic schedules
- WPForms — Helps you to seamlessly develop subscription forms, contact segments, payment forms, and all the other kinds of online forms.
- Edit Flow — If you have multiple authors, it helps to get a better and easy workflow management system.
- After the Deadline —For errors like grammar and spelling, gets a quick check of your blog
- Sucuri — Monitors any suspicious activity on your blog website, and also provides real-time alerts.
Define Blogging Purpose
i) Blogging for money: Start a blog, publish informative and great content matter, and get traffic. To conclude, monetize it by practicing affiliate marketing, AdSense, or otherwise.
ii) Blogging for traffic: One of the most effective methods to deliver leads, blogging communicates with your targeted customers, and convince them reading the products or services, and its considerable effectiveness- win a sale.
iii) Blogging for leads: Again an effective way to generate leads, Blogging helps services online or offline selling products.
That’s All Folks…
Seems easy for many-Blogging is one of those jobs that looks easy until you invest your time to do it. Although there is no one-size-fits-all writing approach, the concise content writing formula that always hits. Fortunately, it does get simple- Practice like a pro in no time.
And Voila! Take up thy pen, enjoy an exciting blogging journey-go forth, and write like a badass.